Libraries are the backbone of any civilized society and heart of any academic institution. Thus the library at GEMS Polytechnic College also acquires a prominent place among the students and faculty. Our Central library has a very rich collection of relevant books and journals.
The books and Journals in the library are managed on a centralised management repository running on a Linux environment and is used to manage the entire operation to ensure each book is tracked from the time it is lent to the time it is returned back to the collection.
Our Central Library provides students, staff and faculty members for updating their knowledge and supporting the research and teaching/learning activities.
“The library is truly the intellectual hub of the campus.”
Central Library of GEMS Polytechnic College aims to offer effective services to the faculties and students to fulfil their teaching and learning needs in the field of Engineering, Science and Humanities through its user-friendly facilities.
To provide excellent information resources and deliver quality services and facilities to meet the teaching and learning needs of the Institution by:
- Encouraging lifelong learning
- Responding to the needs of our diverse community
- Ensuring freedom of access to information
- Offering space for people and ideas to come together
- Providing materials and programs that entertain and inspire
- To provide effective, responsive and innovative services.
- To utilize library and information technology in an innovative and appropriate manner
- To develop and maintain an adequate and necessary infrastructure to provide and deliver information services.
- To support and enhance teaching and learning processes by delivering and promoting the effective use of information resources.
- To maintain the good reputation of the Institution through excellence in library services, collaboration with other organizations and staff contribution to the user community.
- To provide access to an electronic catalogue of materials, organized according to nationally recognized and accepted standards, which includes access to other indexes and full-text materials and provides a ‘gateway’ to a wide variety of external resources.
- To provide a well- organized collection of books, journals, periodicals, audiovisual and electronic resources which meets the needs of students and faculty in order to support the courses, programmes and degrees offered.